By Dennis J. Stanford
Read Online or Download Across Atlantic Ice: The Origin of America's Clovis Culture PDF
Best paleontology books
Principles of Paleoclimatology
Greenhouse gases, worldwide warming, thinning ozone layers -understanding the Earth´s climatic adjustments is one in every of today´s so much urgent foreign issues. how briskly has the weather replaced? the place and why is it altering? what's the effect of weather switch on our ecosystems, coastal areas, glaciers, forests, and lakes, or even at the evolution of our personal species?
Biodiversity Response to Climate Change in the Middle Pleistocene: The Porcupine Cave Fauna from Colorado
This e-book chronicles the invention and research of animal fossils present in some of the most vital paleontological websites within the world-Porcupine Cave, positioned at an elevation of 9,500 toes within the Colorado Rocky Mountains. With tens of hundreds of thousands of pointed out specimens, this website has turn into the most important resource of data at the fauna of North America's greater elevations among nearly 1 million and 600,000 years in the past, a interval that observed the development and retreat of glaciers a number of occasions.
High-Resolution Approaches in Stratigraphic Paleontology (Topics in Geobiology)
This quantity delves right into a spectrum of theoretical in addition to utilized features of high-resolution stratigraphic techniques in paleontology. It explores how more and more certain wisdom of the fossil checklist can increase our realizing of the evolution of existence in the world and in addition permits geoscientists to deal with a wide diversity of significant evolutionary and environmental questions during this area.
- The Bone Museum-- Travels in the Lost Worlds of Dinosaurs and Birds
- Palaeogeography and palaeobiogeography : biodiversity in space and time
- Earth and Life: Global Biodiversity, Extinction Intervals and Biogeographic Perturbations Through Time
- African Palaeoenvironments and Geomorphic Landscape Evolution: Palaeoecology of Africa Vol. 30, An International Yearbook of Landscape Evolution and Palaeoenvironments
- Mixed Carbonate-Siliclastic Sequences (SEPM Core Workshop, No 15)
- The Late Cenozoic of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego
Additional resources for Across Atlantic Ice: The Origin of America's Clovis Culture
As McJunkin rode down Wild Horse arroyo he noticed large animal bones protruding from newly exposed canyon walls, and even more fossils were scattered downstream. McJunkin’s curiosity was piqued because the newly exposed bones were much larger than the cow and buffalo bones he was so familiar with, and because these bones had been buried beneath twenty feet of dirt and clay. Over the years, McJunkin talked about his discovery, and the legend of the prehistoric monster buffalo spread through the local communities around Folsom, New Mexico.
Could the ancestors of Clovis have been the Solutrean people of Europe rather than the long-sought Asians? 18 Chief among the obstacles were the time gap of 5,000 years between the two cultures and the belief that Paleolithic people did not have boats and could not, therefore, have navigated the stormy ice age Atlantic Ocean. In the face of these problems, most researchers simply dismissed the technological similarities as examples of independent invention of equipment used by unrelated people to exploit similar environments.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 1. 2. 3. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 1. 2. 3. 1. 2. 3. 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. S. 2. 3. 58 million years BP Pliocene-Quaternary (current ice age) glaciation began FOREWORD Across Atlantic Ice is an account of two complex and treacherous journeys, one long ago and the other very recent. One is postulated to have occurred across a perilous mosaic of periglacial environments of the Northern Hemisphere during the peak of the last major glaciation some eighteen or twenty millennia ago.