By Lionel H. Opie MD DPhiL DSc FRCP, Bernard J. Gersh MB ChB DPhil FACC
Drugs for the Heart provides highly portable, updated info on each drug type used to regard heart problems. Drs. Lionel H. Opie and Bernard J. Gersh positioned the newest dosages, interactions, symptoms and contraindications, unwanted side effects, and extra at your fingertips, equipping you to make potent scientific judgements on behalf of your patients
- Quickly fee while to take advantage of every one drug for any condition with the preferred "Which Drug for Which Disease" chapter.
- Get specialist advice from the practice-proven adventure of 2 famous editors who signify the absolute best blend of scientific and examine services in cardiovascular therapeutics.
- Expedite your reference with summaries of every drug classification on the finish of chapters.
- Carry it with you anywhere due to a hugely compact, pocket-sized format.
- Navigate the newest pharmacologic advances via insurance of the newest medicines and drug classes, in addition to all the most recent scientific trial effects and facts used to regard center disease.
- Effectively deal with comorbid diseases.
- Apply overseas insights into cardiac drugs, because of new worldwide participants.
- Visualize key pharmacologic and physiologic actions due to dynamic new full-color drawings.
- Access the full contents online at Expert Consult, with regular online updates published through top heart specialist, Dr. Opie.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the following version is released, or until eventually the present variation isn't any longer provided on the market through Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the following variation is released under 365 days after your buy, you can be entitled to on-line entry for 12 months out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the precise to provide an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Drugs for the Heart: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 8e PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Simple and medical researchers from and academia element the preclinical, scientific, and regulatory ideas at the moment used to evaluate the cardiac defense of latest medicines. The authors clarify the parameters of cardiac protection in any respect phases of medical study and drug improvement, together with either the preclinical and pharmacogenomic facets often and the medical methodologies and technical elements for investigational medications in line with cardiac repolarization, as outlined via the period of the QTc period.
Exploring the explanations, mechanisms, and pathophysiology of cardiac home improvement, this reference deals special descriptions of a few of the parts of the transforming method, in addition to new healing interventions and up to date and destiny customers for the therapy of cardiac home improvement.
Reflecting the 2010 Emergency Cardiovascular Care directions, ACLS examine advisor, 4th variation deals a whole, full-color assessment of complicated cardiovascular lifestyles aid. An easy-to-read process covers every little thing from airway administration and rhythms and their administration to electric remedy, acute coronary syndromes, and acute stroke.
This complete textbook at the echocardiographic overview of pediatric and congenital middle ailment has been up-to-date for a moment variation with an emphasis on new applied sciences. This highly-illustrated full-color reference includes over 1200 figures, and gives over six hundred movies on a spouse site.
- Cerebral Microbleeds: Pathophysiology to Clinical Practice
- ABC of Hypertension
- Coronary atherosclerosis: current management and treatment
- Essential Concepts of Electrophysiology and Pacing through Case Studies
Additional resources for Drugs for the Heart: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 8e
Adapted from Kjeldssen, LIFE elderly substudy, JAMA 2002;288:1491. β-BLOCKER CONTRAINDICATIONS Opie 2012 Low CO cardiac output Excess bradycardia SA AV asthma β-B CONTRAINDICATIONS Relative contraindications: Verapamil, diltiazem, amiodarone. Caution: digoxin ARTERIOLAR RESISTANCE VESSELS Prinzmetal's angina Severe heart block Untreated heart failure VENOUS CAPACITANCE VESSELS VENOUS RETURN Figure 1-12 Contraindications to b-blockade. Metabolic syndrome (not shown) is a relative contraindication to b-blockade for hypertension.
Cold intolerance in patients with angina pectoris: effect of nifedipine and propranolol. Br Heart J 1989;61:521–528. 14. Kern MJ, et al. Potentiation of coronary vasoconstriction by beta-adrenergic blockade in patients with coronary artery disease. Circulation 1983;67:1178–1185. 15. ASIST study, Pepine C, et al. Effects of treatment on outcome in mildly symptomatic patients with ischemia during daily life. The Atenolol Silent Ischemia Study (ASIST). Circulation 1994;90:762–768. 16. Mukherjee D, et al.
Age b-blockade often helps to reduce BP, but lacks positive outcome data. Watch pharmacokinetics and side effects in all older adult patients. Continued 1 — b-Blocking Agents 28 Table 1-4 b-Blockade: Contraindications and Cautions (Continued) Smoking In hypertension, b-blockade is less effective in reducing coronary events in smoking men. Hyperlipidemia b-blockers may have unfavorable effects on the blood lipid profile, especially nonselective agents. Triglycerides increase and HDL-cholesterol falls.